Strategy – Services
It takes time and knowledge to embed accessibility within an organisation. The combination of your knowledge of your organisation and our knowledge of sustainable accessibility combine to create a unique partnership that will achieve fundamental change over the course of time.
We know that every organisation, every team, and every project is different, so we learn about how you work, take time to understand what you're already doing, then integrate accessibility so it respects your existing processes and practices.
Together we amplify what you're doing - helping you to achieve more without slowing you down.
When your organisation has sustainable accessibility it means:
- Accessibility is proactive not reactive
- Products and services consistently meet accessibility standards
- Accessibility is part of policy and process (not tied to individuals)
- Reliance on third parties is reduced or abolished
- Accessibility is a requirement for procurement, recruitment, and training
- Production time is reduced, and refactoring time is reduced or removed
There is no single blueprint for sustainable accessibility so our approach is simple - we collaborate, integrate, and iterate.
We create a 12 to 36 month living roadmap. The roadmap sets out the goals and activities for embedding sustainable accessibility in your organisation, and it is continuously refined as we learn and adapt.
The roadmap is unique to your organisation but some typical features include:
- Champions: a network of accessibility champions who help communicate accessibility knowledge and support your teams as your organisation embeds sustainable accessibility
- Policy: a clearly written and effective policy for sustainable accessibility
- Processes: changes to your existing processes or the introduction of new ones so that accessibility is embedded in everything you do
- Training: on-boarding, distance and workshop training to give your teams the skills and knowledge to create accessible products and services
- Helpdesk: independent and objective helpdesk support for your teams as they start applying accessibility in practice
- Competency: measuring and maintaining accessibility competency across your teams
- Recruitment: help and support as you increase your accessibility capability through recruitment
- Procurement: accessibility requirements and changes to contract language to help you avoid purchasing inaccessible products and services
- Documentation: documentation integrated into your design systems, component libraries, project requirements and other resources used by your teams
- Assessments: accessibility assessments that monitor and verify your accessibility progress
We like to listen. If you have a project, product, problem, or idea that you want to discuss, get in touch!